Monday, January 25, 2010

Beauty Article to be Published

When it comes to makeup, it's not that often I get to put my makeup knowledge into words. Usually it's the "final result" that speaks the loudest!! :)

But just last week, I was interviewed for an upcoming article on http://www.everydayhealth.com/ to share my insight on makeup for women/girls with acne prone skin. Such a great topic, because so many women battle acne prone skin way beyond their teen years. I really got to put my skin care "expertise" to the test.

Choosing makeup products, especially foundation can be overwhelming for many. And trying to cover acne and the scars it can leave behind, for some, is quite a challenge.

Ironically, this is one of the biggest requests I get from my bridal clientele. Not just those with recurring acne but brides that, for the most part, rarely break out but anticipate waking up on the morning of their wedding, glancing in the mirror and seeing a red inflamed blemish. Yes, a bride's worst nightmare and the tell tale sign of their pre-wedding related stress. We've all been there!!

Of course, on "The Big Day", my airbrush machine along with a few drops of the right custom blended foundation will magically do the trick. Unfortunately, on a day-to-day basis this isn't an option.

Luckily, there really are some great products on the market for concealing, protecting and healing most nasty outbreaks. With the right products and a little bit of practice, most blemishes can be your little secret!!

Looking forward to seeing the final copy of the article in about 2 months. I'll definitely have it posted once it's online.....

"Beauty"ful Wishes,
Denise