Friday, January 7, 2011

2010 "A Year In Review" & Welcome 2011!!!

Happy New Year to all!! 

As 2010 came and went in the blink of any eye, I'd like to thank everyone for such an amazing year.  

Besides closing out the wedding season of 2010 on New Year's Eve with my 68th wedding of the year, the opportunities all year round were amazing. From countless makeup applications for brides, engagement photos and special events to all of the other amazing opportunities that came my way this year, I am truly grateful and thrilled beyond belief to have had such a successful year.

First, to my brides, for all of their constant referrals, kind words and posted reviews, their pro photos and most importantly their trust in me on the biggest day of their lives..I truly appreciate it!!  Thank you so much for keeping in touch, as I now consider many of you not only a former client, but a friend as well!!! 

In this world of makeup, as a freelance artist, with every phone call and every e-mail, you just never know what awaits.....It's always a thrill to receive a request for a job that is completely unexpected.  

Last spring I had the honor to do makeup for one of my bride's participating in TLC's  TV show "Four Weddings"  Very exciting to see my work on the big screen....well, the TV screen that is!!!  :)   Soon after, I was offered a freelance position for a cable TV station.  I have since been doing makeup at the studio as Key Makeup Artist for countless tapings of their TV show airing on a monthly basis, videos, commercials and public service announcements.  Loving every minute of it and can't wait for this coming year.

Earlier in the year, I was so excited to be asked by one of the editors of everydayhealth.com for my input on an article that was eventually published online for the beauty and health section of their website.  I was recently contacted again for another article which should be online any day now.

Also, so great to have met new wedding vendor "friends and colleagues" and of course seeing many familiar faces again too is always a pleasure!!
 
I couldn't have asked for a better way to finish the year than  with my final weddings of 2010, as well as doing makeup for a Boudoir Photography Marathon that was a huge success.  Thank you to Ivona with Photography by Ivona for such a great experience. I had an amazing time and cannot wait to see some pro photos of the girls!!!

May the year ahead for everyone be filled with peace, happiness and much success!! 

Looking forward to an Incredible 2011!!!!